6 virtual events for Veterans, their families, caregivers, and survivors
#VetResources - for Veterans, their Families, Caregivers and Survivors
SIGN UP | VIEW/SHARE
VA coronavirus updates | chatbot | appVA Podcast: Talking Team RWB w/ Army Veteran Mike Erwin
VNN: Avoiding investment fraud
Instagram: VA Rec Therapists helps a Veteran attend a virtual concert
Now is the time to start your journey, May is Mental Health MonthFocusing on your mental health can lead to a healthier life. Whether you're looking to take the first step or the next step in your journey toward recovery, start here. Start today.
Warrior Surf Foundation provides free therapy, wellness and yoga sessions
Iraq War Veteran Andrew Manzi started Warrior Surf, a nonprofit that provides free surf camps and therapy for Veterans and their families.Adapting to better serve the community, Warrior Surf is offering sessions online.
VA May events:
- Post a photograph or video on your social media channels of what you are doing to take care of your emotional well-being using #MoreThanEverBefore LEARN MORE
- May 7, 4 p.m. ET - Take a Breath: Breathing Techniques to Cope with Stress REGISTER
- May 14, 1 p.m. ET - Lunch N Learn: National Cemetery Administration Veterans Legacy Memorial, VA Telehealth, and The Independence Fund JOIN
- May 14, 3 p.m. ET – COVID-19 Military Support Initiative by the Association of Defense Communities and Blue Star Families with Veterans Benefits Administration, Wounded Warrior Project, American Legion, and VFW REGISTER
- May 20, 3 p.m. ET - Survivors Together: Live Q&A Chat on RallyPoint with Office of Survivor Assistance, National Cemetery Administration, and Community Partners ASK A QUESTION
- May 28, 1 p.m. ET - Lunch N Learn: Memorial Affairs Overview and Spiritual Resilience (VA Chaplain Service) JOIN
- May 28, 2 p.m. ET - Promoting Veteran Mental Health with VA, Boulder Crest Institute, and Cohen Veterans Network JOIN Audio: 1-800-767-1750, access code 52655#
Discuss on RallyPoint: Anyone ever done an IRRRL on a VA backed loan?
Mission BBQ: free sandwiches for Veterans, military during Armed Forces WeekDisclaimer: The sharing of any non-VA information does not constitute an endorsement of products or services on the part of the VA.
New FREE COVID Coach app available
Military bands offer free concerts online
Watch the Digital Drumline Project with 900+ drummers playing in unison from all over the world.See videos and schedules of free performances from all 5 military bands, plus a VA music therapy video.
Borne the Battle #192: Mike Erwin, Army Veteran, Team RWB Founder
U.S. Army Veteran Mike Erwin shares his journey as a social entrepreneur. He helped found Team Red White and Blue and The Positivity Project. Through these nonprofit organizations, Erwin is able to serve our country and our Veterans.
Did you know the National Resource Directory has more than 14,000 vetted resources available to you right now? Resources like Veterans Benefits Administration: Provides a variety of benefits and services for Service Members, Veterans, and their families including compensation, pension and fiduciary, insurance, education, loan guaranty, vocational rehabilitation and employment, and more.
- These four innovations are changing and saving Veteran lives
- Philadelphia VA surprises Veterans with birthday calls, employees with salute to staff
- VA New England deploys clinicians to fight COVID-19
- VA works with blood community for blood donations
- Vets' fishing trip part of "treating the whole resident"
- NYC VA helps care for remaining patients from USNS Comfort
- Mental health issues during or after pregnancy … find help at VA
- Thirty-six years of honoring public servants
- Calling IT professionals: VA hiring nationwide in multiple specialties
- SAVE Trains Veterans and their families in agricultural skills in Manhattan, Kansas
- Now more than ever: A week to honor VA nurses
- Get anytime access to mental health support with mobile apps
- VA secures personal protective equipment through New Hampshire connection
- Live Whole Health: Self-care episode #14 – Joint Mobility
- Live Whole Health: Self-care episode #15 – Loving Kindness Meditation
VA News Releases
- Joint Statement from DHS and VA on Continued Collaboration Throughout COVID-19 Pandemic
- VA establishes the department's first history office
- VA joins XPRIZE Pandemic Alliance to combat COVID-19 and future outbreaks
- VA works with communities nationwide to meet critical need for blood
- Veteran trust in VA health care rises above 90 percent for the first time
- VA expands access to virtual hearings
- VA names Brooks D. Tucker Acting Chief of Staff
- VA participating in drug, plasma trials in fight against COVID-19
- VA is protecting and serving all of America
- VA enhances National COVID-19 Reporting Summary tool
- VA Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry reaches major milestone
Find a VA Facility near you.
Not sure where to start?
No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call HomeFree Help for Homeless Veterans Dial 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) for 24/7 access VA's services for homeless and at-risk VeteransHomeless Veteran Chat Confidential, 24/7 online support for homeless Veterans and friendshttps://www.va.gov/homeless for more information
Are you a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one?Did you know that VA offers same day services in Primary Care and Mental Health at 172 VA Medical Centers across the country? Make the Connection Resource Locator
Contact the Veterans Crisis Line (1-800-273-8255 and press 1, Chat, or Text 838255.)
How would you handle this leadership issue in your unit when you were active?How has your civilian job changed in the past couple months?
Want to receive this newsletter or other VA updates?
Disclaimer: The sharing of any non-VA information does not constitute an endorsement of products or services on the part of the VA.
You have received this message because you are subscribed to Veterans Affairs. Access your Subscriber Preferences to make changes to your subscription or Unsubscribe. Get this as a forward? Sign Up to receive updates from Veterans Affairs. Having questions or problems? Please visit subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com for assistance.If you are in crisis and need immediate help, please call 1-800-273-8255 and (PRESS 1) or visit http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/.Please remember the only secure way to ask personal questions is at https://iris.custhelp.com.
Sent to email@example.com on behalf of US Department of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Avenue, NW · Washington, DC 20420
- Boys State
- Charity Watch
- DD214 Help
- Detroit Post 202 Website
- Emblem Sales
- Find a Michigan Post
- Homeless Veterans Support
- Legion Centennial
- Legion Programs
- Legion Training
- Legislative Updates
- Livonia Post 32 Website
- Member Discounts
- Michigan Auxiliary Website
- Michigan Department
- Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency
- Michigan Veterans Benefits
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homeless
- VA Contact Numbers
- VA eBenefits
- VA Hospital Ann Arbor
- VA Hospital Detroit
- VA Records
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Veterans Homeless Task Force