The following is a letter that American Legion department leadership, post officers and TALMA members can send to membership via email, newsletter and social media on how to re-register for The American Legion’s new single sign-on for its web assets.
To American Legion members of (insert post or department):
If you are a current registered user of American Legion national websites and have tried to sign on, you probably noticed the new login screen and re-registration requirement. The American Legion has created a new single sign-on process as its first stage of a multi-stage rollout that will allow The American Legion to provide a streamlined and better user experience within its web environment.
To begin your one-time single sign-on process, current registered users of American Legion web assets must re-register. This re-registration will allow members and non-members to continue accessing the valuable information and tools provided on:
(Note: this requirement does not currently apply to registered users of the Emblem Sales website.)
The new platform that The American Legion is moving to requires each user to have a unique email address as the username. This, in conjunction with a move from a vendor proprietary system, which required the Legion to renew accounts for all American Legion web properties. Please note that all member information is still within MyLegion, securely and safely housed.
Your five steps to re-register:
1. Click the “Sign In” tab on any American Legion web property. You will be taken to the single sign-on site.
2. Click “Register as a new user.” Fill in the entire form using your best contact email address and member ID (if applicable). All information you provide is kept safe and secure.
3. Enter and confirm your new password of choice.
4. Click “Finish” to receive your confirmation email.
5. Click the link to confirm your new account in the confirmation email (check your junk email inbox). The provided email will be from firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you register as a new user, please fill out the entire profile to continue accessing member-only benefits such as discount codes, the ability to print membership card and manage membership renewal all through MyLegion.org.
If problems occur with trying to re-register, please email customer service at email@example.com. But please make sure your new password is correct and that you have confirmed your new account in the confirmation email.
or reload the browser
or reload the browser